Today apple released iOS 10.2.1 as an update which is a small but contains many security patches for items that could be used to attack a user’s session. It is highly recommended to update all your Apple devices to the latest version. These vulnerabilities can be used to exploit Safari or an application on your device.
This is a minor patch to update to if you are already on 10.2. If you are not on 10.2 yet, this is a larger update as it will require moving to the newer OS. As with any update, please be sure to backup before hand if applicable.
Update: Apple also released updates for Apple Watch, Apple TV 4th generation, Safari, and OS X Sierra (10.12.3). Check all devices for updates.
To update over Wifi using the easiest option (Over the Air Update):
- Backup your phone to iCloud or your Computer – (Apple guide here)
- Connect to wifi and plug your phone / tablet into a charger.
- Go to Settings application
- Go to General – Software Update
- Download and Install
Apple’s Guide to Backup – https://support.apple.com/en-us/ht203977
Apple’s Guide to Update – https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204204
Apple 10.2.1 Reference Page – https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207482
Latest posts by Matt Caminiti (see all)
- Apple iOS 11, Watch OS 4 – What’s New and Changed? - September 17, 2017
- Apple Fall 2017 Releases – iPhone 8, iPhone X, Apple Watch 3, Apple TV 4K - September 17, 2017
- After the Google Doc scare, is my Google account safe? - May 3, 2017